Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The tarp is a pain to set up. You have to fiddle with it until it's just the right height, and even then there's barely enough room. The rain pours. The tarp keeps me drier than I would be out in the open, but I am still pretty wet, as is all my gear. That day I hike over Dragon's Tooth and McAfee Knob, but I completely miss the views because of the fog. Coming down the steep, rocky descent from Dragon's Tooth I slip and snap one of my poles. That night I hang all my gear up in the shelter and huddle in the corner in my remaining dry clothes. My feet at this point are slimy and discolored like a pair of cave fish. Some section hikers arrive a little after dark, and one lends me some dry clothes and a sleeping bag liner. It's still very chilly. The next day I make it into Daleville and today I'm taking a zero day to dry off and get my pole repaired.

This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment