Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So I reach the next shelter, and stop to rub antifungal cream all over my feet. I change into cleaner if not that much drier socks. But to no avail. As soon as I'm out of the shelter I run into a dense patch of undergrowth and my feet are even more soaking wet than before. But after all this, I cannot stop now. I must reach the trail magic, or I will have labored in vain. Day breaks, and I change into my second pair of shoes and my third pair of socks. Their is a monstrous climb that the guidebook neglects to mention, and then a gap full of annoying little hills. Then I emerge onto rolling grassy meadows and the sun is shining and there's a cooler of cold drinks next to the road and I pass that giant tree I sent in earlier. And then I look up. 'No,' I say. 'Surely there must be a tunnel or something that goes under that giant, unbroken wall of mountains.' But there is no tunnel. To be
continued...

This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping you live long enough to read this comment!! Love , Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. SO jealous of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of your feet, Reed. Trenchfoot ain't pretty.

    Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete